–Here are some of the best rumours heard during these polls in 5 states,
– Rahul Gandhi has grown a beard to go with the Sikh turbans he is sporting during campaigning in Punjab where exit polls suggest the Congress might win handsomely against Prakash Singh Badal and his Shiromani Akali Dal-Bharatiya Janata Party (SAD-BJP) combine which ruled for the last five years. The beard with the turban made him look rather Sikh-like and hopefully, for him, wins more votes.
– Mayawati’s omnipresent, rather ghastly brown long coat is bullet proof.
– Priyanka Gandhi has grown her hair to remind voters ever more of Indira Gandhi, who she strongly resembles. In some places, they might still not know that Indira Gandhi is dead.
– Akhilesh Yadav is getting lessons in using the latest iPad to erase the impression of Samajwadi Party being the ultimate home of Luddites.
– There is major angst within the Election Commission after it was announced that only women inspectors would be sent on duty to Goa.